Monday, November 21, 2011

Eat-Man Volume 1 by Akihito Yoshitomi


Found this on the shelf at the library and was intrigued. I usually don’t go near "classic" manga, but I thought it might be worth a try.

Summary: Bolt Clank is an Explorer able to ingest a weapon or object and subsequently transform the flesh of his arm into it. With the help of many beautiful women he goes in search of rare items – for a price, of course. With the exception of a two-parter, each chapter is a stand-alone story.

Reality Check: This is a very original and fun story that I quite enjoyed. As a classic old manga, the art is classic old-school in my opinion – simple yet detailed – but not rough on the eyes.

Conclusion: I definitely recommend it as a light, fun read, and would love to get my hands on more volumes someday.

out of 4 Paws Up

Genre: Young Adult Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment