Monday, May 30, 2011

Blue Exorcist: Volume I by Kazue Kato

I read the sample chapter in Shonen Jump and was intrigued enough to get my hands on Volume 1. It didn't disappoint.

Summary: Raised by Father Fujimoto (and his younger twin brother Yukio), Rin never knew his real father. But one day a fateful argument reveals the terrible truth - Rin is the son of the demon lord Satan! His demonic powers released, Rin swears to defeat Satan and joins the mysterious True Cross Academy to become an exorcist. Can Rin fight demons and keep his infernal bloodline a secret?

Reality Check: The art can be a little more grotesque than I normally prefer, but it's a really good story so I put up with it. The plot is relatively original, characters are interesting and engaging, the emotions raw and gripping, and the action is packed and exciting. Boys will definitely love this manga, but girls shouldn't have any trouble getting into it as well.

My favorite part: Rin's tail! And what he does with it. XD

Conclusion: I would say if you like D. Gray-man and Naruto, give Blue Exorcist a try. I'll definitely be reading more.

Genre: Older Teen Paranormal Action Adventure

 out of 4 Paws Up

No comments:

Post a Comment